We LOVE swimming here at Pickle Planet (Fun Fact: Mama & Papa Pickle bonded over both being teenage lifeguards back in the ’90s!) & we LOVE that there are so many options for indoor swimming with the family in the Greater Moncton Area!
We’ll try our best to keep this post updated; it’s current as a of December 2019. We also update outdoor swimming options on our MEGA GUIDE to Things to Do With the Kids in Moncton; we’ve added the links in this post, too! That said, please always click through to the source and double check for any facility cancellations, etc.
Also, this list does not include hotels that may offer pay-to-swim options, as we find these shift a fair bit. However, if you run a hotel that would like to list details, let us know & we’ll include it! We’re also planning to update classes & tips on taking your little one to the pool soon – but didn’t want to keep waiting to share all this great info.
You can find the latest swimming details from the YMCA here.
While YMCA Members have several options for swimming, there are also times anyone can access the fabulous pools a the YMCA. There are three pools: a therapy pool, a main pool, and a wading pool that’s perfect for little ones!
Currently, the public can swim at the Greater Moncton YMCA:
- Fridays: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sundays: 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All public swims are free for YMCA members
- Sunday public swim (sponsored by the City of Moncton) is just $2 for non-members
- Friday and Saturday prices for non-members
- Adult $8.00+tax
- Youth (13 and over) $5.50+tax
- Child (12 and under) $4.50 no tax
- Family (immediate family only) $15.00+tax
- Must wear a bathing cap
- Non-members aged 18 and over must bring a valid government-issued photo ID
- Youth 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the Y’s Aquatic Facility
Riverview Pat Crossman Memorial Aquatic Centre
- Saturday Open Swim: 1:30 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
- Sunday Open Swim: 1:30 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
- Tuesday pre-school swim: 9:00am – 10:00am
- Thursday pre-school swim: 9:00am – 10:00am
- Child (3-13) $3
- Student (14+) $3
- Adult (18-59) $4
- Senior (60+) $20
- Riverview Senior (60+) $0
- Family $3pp
- Must wear a bathing cap.
Dieppe Aquatic Centre
If you haven’t taken the kids in your life to the Dieppe Aquatic Centre yet, we suggest you make a plan soon! There’s a large pool that often has fun inflatable obstacles to enjoy, while the smaller pool has a sloped entry that ideal with littles, a pirate ship with a slide and water cannon, and a slide! Find their online schedule here.
- Tuesday and Thursday [Exercise pool (2 lanes) & Recreational pool]
- 5:30 – 6:55 p.m.
- Friday [Main pool (6 lanes), Exercise pool (2 lanes), Recreational pool]
- 6 – 7:55 p.m.
- Saturday [Main pool (6 lanes), Exercise pool (2 lanes), Recreational pool]
- 3 – 4:55 p.m.
- 6 – 7:55 p.m.
- Sunday [Main pool (6 lanes), Exercise pool (2 lanes), Recreational pool]
- 3 – 4:55 p.m.
- Bathing caps are optional. Long hair must be tied back.
- Adult $10
- 50+/student $8
- Child (under 12 years old) $5
- Family (2 adults and children) $20
Days Inn & Suites Moncton offers drop-in or membership options to use its pool (which is large but does not have a slide or sloped entry). The price is $5/person to drop in, or a family monthly pass is $75. Weekdays are the best times to visit. (This hotel also boasts some super fun theme rooms if you’re looking for a fun mini-getaway within Moncton!)
Outdoor Pools can be found in Riverview, Salisbury, Petitcodiac, Hillsborough, and in Moncton’s East End and Centennial Park. These are generally open mid- to late-June until late-August/early-September.
Watch for more updates soon – and happy swimming, everyone!