Salisbury Community Days is happening this weekend, with Friday night hosting the ever-popular lawn tractor races and live music from Hone the Craft. Saturday morning starts with an amazing pancake breakfast at the Lions Club ($8 adults, $3 ages six to 10, free for younger children), a village-wide yard sale, a farmers’ & artisans’ market, a parade at noon, and an afternoon filled with bouncy castles, henna, wagon rides, and more. There’s a free swim at the Lions pool Saturday from 2:30-6pm, and again on Sunday. Sunday also has a community picnic at Highland Park on the agenda; get all the details here and watch the Facebook event for updates.
- On Saturday, Le Show du 25e celebrates the CMA’s 25th anniversary with an incredible line-up including 1755, Les Méchants Maquereaux, Cayouche, Ronald Bourgeois, Lennie Gallant, Annie Blanchard, Zachary Richard and more.
- Acadie Rock is also taking place alongside CMA, with free shows at Riverfront Park all week long. On Friday, Aug 16, the fun starts at 5pm with Circus Stella & Les Jeunes Cadjins. Saturday, Sunday & Monday the music begins at 3pm, going until 8pm.
- Each day this week, Downing Street (Main Street to Riverfront Park) will be open to pedestrians only, with kiosks, activities, and food trucks.
- The atlantic dance FESTIVAL danse atlantique is also underway, happening alongside the CMA. Watch for free dance performances at Riverfront Park right through until Thursday as well as workshops and other events; details here. On Tuesday, there’s a free family dance workshop at 10am in front of the Aberdeen Cultural Centre.
And don’t forget to enjoy Dieppe’s Connexion Zone – life-sized games and so much more at Place 1604.
The annual Rising Tide Festival is taking place in Fundy National Park this weekend. On Saturday, the music begins at 12:30 with Isaac & Blewett, followed by Shaun Ferguson Trio, McKinley Morrison & Williams, Rachel Beck Trio, and Joel Plaskett. These concerts are free with entry to the park. There’s a Songwriter’s Circle that night with Joel Plaskett, Rachel Beck, Shaun Ferguson & Brent Mason at the Molly Kool Heritage Centre; tickets required and limited. On Sunday, the line up features Chloé Breault, Furlong & Smith, Ladd & Lasses, and the Erin Costelo Trio; Erin will also host the ticketed Molly Kool Women in Song event that night.
At the movies this weekend …
- The Sussex Drive In is showing The Lion King & Aladdin
- Neptune Drive In in Shediac is playing Angry Birds 2 & Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
- The $2.99 Saturday morning special listed at Cineplex is A Dog’s Journey
- Moncton Public Library offers free family movies (1pm in English, 3pm in French) each Sunday this summer
Trueman Blueberry Farms’ sunflower maze is scheduled to open on Friday!
Many of the local blueberry u-picks are open for the season now; you can find the details in our blueberry round up here! Be sure to click through to the sources – u-picks are very weather & condition dependant.
Sunday morning the Moncton library is hosting a free workshop sharing tips for packing school lunches.
The Dieppe Aquatic Centre is going to be closing for maintenance, so on Sunday afternoon they’re holding a special event – letting dogs swim in the pool! Check here for details on registering.
Cirque du Soleil’s CRYSTAL is at the Avenir Centre until Sunday. We were invited to attend on opening night and oh. my. goodness. Incredible! What a fantastic opportunity to see this world-class performance right here at home – with a New Brunswicker in a key role! We have a contest for a pair of tickets to the Saint John opening happening on our Facebook page, by the way.